Use the below examples to control the shades
- “Ok Google, ask Soma Connect to open the blinds“
- “Ok Google, speak to Soma Connect to close the blinds“
- “Ok Google, talk to Some Connect to set the blinds to 50%“
- “Ok Google, tell Soma Connect to open the blinds in the Bedroom“
- “Ok Google, ask Soma Connect to set the Living Room to 30%“
Note that the examples are using different “trigger words“ (“ask“, “speak“, “talk“, “tell“) to communicate with the Soma Connect app. Which trigger word works is dependent on the Google Assistant as it is using Artificial Intelligence when deciding to which app to forward the commands given by the user. The decision process is user specific and is based on the previous usages of the Google Assistant.
Google Assistant responds with "I'm sorry I can’t send messages yet"
Try using different "trigger words" to communicate with the Soma Connect app as stated above
Google Assistant responds with "It is taking longer than expected to communicate with the shades. You may want to check them."
This voice message is returned in case SOMA Connect is not able to connect to the Smart Shades / SOMA Tilt devices within 6 seconds. It might be that the blinds will actually move as the SOMA Connect will try to communicate with the motors a bit longer after returning the voice message.
Communication failure between SOMA Connect and the motors may be caused by:
- Bad signal between SOMA Connect and the blind motors, e.g. the blinds are too far from the SOMA Connect or there is some thick wall(s) or item(s) between them
- Too many blinds are tried to be moved at once (the above message is returned even if communication with one shade fails)
- Old SOMA Connect software (follow the instructions here to update it)